Friday, January 1, 2010

Who we are

We accomplished a lot during the first quarter, September-November! We learned a ton about what makes each of us unique. Each student presented an item that was special to them and classmates were able to ask questions to learn more information. Meet a few of the students:


My name is Luigi. I brought in a shirt of Edison soccer league that I play for the Edison Red Bulls. My position is right forward. in a game I usually score one to three goals a game.My team travels all over New Jersey to compete against other teams.






My name is James. I love basketball. I am holding my basketball sneaker that I play with on my team. It was autographed by the great, Stephon Marbury


My name is Herzen. This is my favorite tennis racket. I went through a lot with it. I played games with this racket, and this is the racket that led me to the semi-finals in team and single tennis. I love this racket with my heart. 










My name is Malik. I brought in my favorite wizard hat that my Dad gave me.I have had it for 5-6 years.I got it from DISNEY LAND.I love the hat.It is special to me.The hat is a MICKEY MOUSE wizard hat.It isa little tight.I will let my brother have it.


My name is Darion. On this day, I brought in my jersey to present. I played for this team for about one year so far. We did not win all the time, but we still had chemistry. I averaged about 10.5 points per game. I will continue to play with the same coach until I am fourteen. The name of my team is Gachos. I hope my life will have a long journey with basketball.







 
My name is Christopher.I brought my teddy bear that I had for over 6 years.


My name is John.Today I presented my Rachael Ray 30 Minute Meals For Kids cookbook. Ever since I was a little kid I loved to make breakfast for my whole family. One day Im going to be an excellent chef.



 


My name is Francisco and I bought a cook book in, that I made for my mom.I gave it to her for mothers day.It contains about 20 recipes.I was eight years old when I gave it to her.I still have it to this day.It was called "A Special Cook Book For A Special Person"


  

My name is Vijay Ramkissoon. I am ten years old. I brought a few things in such as my first teddy bear. I brought it in because it is very special to me. I had it since the day I was born. I also brought in two wrestling action figures. I used to love wrestling. I watched it all the time . Now I don't watch it anymore. I also brought in one hundred dollars in Guyana currency to represent my heritage.  



My  name is  Aham  and  I brought in a Scobby Doo Magnet Set. I am very interested  in  magnets  so  I  brought this in. I love how magnets connect and how they come together. I love to play  with magnets .


This is Andy.



My name is Lucas.
I have medals that my mom won  in a race around the U.S.








My name is Grant. I have a  deep love and affection for cars. When I pass a model car in a store I ask my mother if I can buy it. I am starting a model car collection. This car is a special because this is the second model car I ever got. Also I got this car as a present. Thats why I chose to bring in this car. I like cars because there are so many of them and I think that it's really neat to look up and see a line of cars. the cycle of cars is ongoing. Theres always another car coming out. I like to look and see how cars have progressed over time. I think it's really neat to collect model cars and I think if you really tried and kept your cars well maintained you could really get into it. I LOVE CARS!!!

 
This is my silver dollar. It was made in 1999. I got it on my first birthday. It was my first  dollar.  My grandma saw it and wanted to give it  to me. It is 99.7% silver and .3%  copper.  I have 2 more. One  was made in 1922.  The other was made in 1896. They are really cool. 

My name is Hunter James. I am holding my two favorite cars. One car is a Lexus and the other one is
an old fashioned Porsche. My uncle gave me the Lexus when I was 6 years old. I got the other car from one of my schools. I have many other cars that I like.

8 comments:

  1. Darion,

    I like how you presented your shorts and they look hot D king.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Herzen i like about when you bring your tennis racket. One day would like to play tennis. Can you teach me one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked sharing what I like to do and what I have with my friends.
    -Grant

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was really interested in Luigi's
    presentation because I am really interested in soccer.
    -Grant

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also liked hunters presentation because I love cars.
    -Grant

    ReplyDelete
  6. I felt good, giving back to my community.
    -Grant

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was happy that I was helping the homeless get food because it was fun and helpful.-Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where did you get th tennis racket.Its cool how you love tennis.-JELANI

    ReplyDelete